Xanadu

Xanadu DJL Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
MOP163.00
Tax included

Gold, Royal Melbourne Wine Awards 2015
Gold, Macquarie Group Sydney Royal Wine Show 2015
Gold, Qantas Wine Show of Western Australia 2014
Almost 35% of the blend was Estate grown in the Wallcliffe sub-region, while the remaining 65% of was made using fruit selected from mature vineyards from northern Margaret River sub-regions.

Tasting Notes

COLOUR

Deep red.

NOSE

The wine exhibits cornerstone Cabernet aromas of ripe blackcurrants, forest fruits, and dark plums, with subtle spicy elements and judicious toasty oak.

PALATE

Full bodied and generous the palate is packed full of brambly berry fruits and cassis characters, with underlying mocha and savoury notes. The lovely dense fruit is supported by supple tannins, bright acidity and a warm, lingering finish.

Wine Making

ALCOHOL

14%

BOTTLE SIZE

750 mL

PH

3.45

WINEMAKING NOTES

The fruit was crushed and destemmed then fermented in a combination of Static and Rotary fermenters at 26oC for 5 – 7 days. A significant portion was left for a period of extended maceration on skins to add plushness and a savoury textural element to the wine. The various batches underwent MLF in a combination of tank and barrel before 14 months maturation in a selection French oak barriques (20% new).

Region Margaret River, Australia
Grape Cabernet Sauvignon
Vintage 2015
Bottle Size 750ml
Colour Red – Bold and Structured
Alcohol Content 14%
Quantity

  • No delivery charge will apply for self pick-up.   Whereas, you may enjoy our free delivery service when your order satisfies our minimum purchase amount at MOP500. For purchase amount below MOP500, a delivery charge of MOP50.00 shall apply.  Delivery on next working day. No delivery charge will apply for self pick-up. Whereas, you may enjoy our free delivery service when your order satisfies our minimum purchase amount at MOP500. For purchase amount below MOP500, a delivery charge of MOP50.00 shall apply. Delivery on next working day.

One of Western Australia's most established wineries, producing quality wines through traditional winemaking techniques, Xanadu Wines is 'unmistakably Margaret River'. John and Eithne Lagan arrived at Margaret River in 1968, first planting their vineyard in 1977. They named their vineyard Xanadu after the poem Kubla Khan by the romantic poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge and recently won the James Halliday’s Wine of the Year for 2015.

XA1515
37 Items